Tuesday, December 4, 2012

9 January, 1073

The injustice of the Emperor's request is still bothering me but there are others in the empire who are also not happy and have formed factions. The court faction is looking for more rewards and honours form the Emperor, the Ecumenical Patriach is trying to start a religious faction that increases the role of the church and the princely faction is looking to reign in the power of the Emperor.







I am concerned about the realm but do not believe that I should join those who would try to grab power for themselves so I have joined the court faction, hoping to persuade the Emperor to be more lenient by working my way into the court.


The faction leader of the court faction: Theodoros Gavras, Doux of Trebizond is very happy with the Emperor for now. But as a brave and god-fearing man i am sure he will do the right thing if the Emperor does not treat us well.


 

As I finished my letter to the Faction leader. I was told that I had another child. Iouliana. My first daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment